2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Cups Milk or Buttermilk
1/4 Cup Chopped Sun-Dried Tomato (Oil-Packed and Drained)
3/4 Cup Asiago Cheese (Packed)
Layla’s Sun-dried Tomato Garlic Whip
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Grate cheese and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, basil, sugar, and salt.
- Grate cold butter over the flour mixture or cut it in using a pastry cutter, whichever you prefer.
- Add milk and sun-dried tomato and mix with a fork until incorporated.
- Once the liquid is incorporated into the biscuit dough, you should be left with super sticky dough.
- Add the cheese and knead the dough a few times in the bowl and then move to a floured cutting board or working surface.
- Knead the dough a few more times and flatten.
- Cut out 8 fairly-thick biscuits or 10 shorter biscuits from the dough.
- Bake on the center rack on a baking sheet lined with a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat at 425°F for approx 14 minutes.
- Top with Layla’s Sun-dried Tomato Garlic Whip™ and enjoy while hot.