Ingredients For Meatballs
1/2 Pound Lean Ground Beef
1/2 Pound Lean Ground Pork
1/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Package French Onion Soup Mix
2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
Ingredients Cranberry Sauce
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Shallots, Minced
2 Tablespoons Layla’s Cranberry Garlic Whip™
1 1/2 Teaspoons Fennel Seeds, Crushed
1 Pound Fresh Or Frozen Cranberries
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
A Sprig Of Thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs in a medium mixing bowl, being careful not to overmix it.
- Create 12 – 15 meatballs using your hands or a cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each).
- Lay the meatballs at least an inch apart on the prepared baking tray. Bake the meatballs for 18-20 minutes or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the shallots and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the fennel seeds and saute an additional 3-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the cranberries, brown sugar, water, maple syrup, dijon mustard, Layla’s Cranberry Garlic Whip™ and thyme.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until simmering and cranberries begin to pop. Continue cooking the savory cranberry sauce until thickened and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the thyme and add the meatballs to the sauce-pan, tossing to coat them.